Efficient Pet Sonogram Services in Newark
At New London Veterinary Center, we can offer your pets efficient ultrasound services to provide a diagnostic vantage point into the health and well-being of your precious animal. Our veterinary team will deliver a thorough pet exam, taking a deep dive into your cat or dog's current health status to ensure they're experiencing a healthy pregnancy and are free from any underlying conditions or abnormalities.
We are caring pet parents just like you, and we understand the value of providing accurate and swift diagnostic insight into your animal's internal health condition. Our skilled team will also provide detailed information regarding your pregnant pet's litter count and development progress. We will utilize our technological capabilities and years of experience to provide quality pet sonogram services while treating your furry loved ones like family. Contact us and schedule an appointment today!
CALL US: (302) 738-5000 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
How Do Ultrasound Pet Exams Work?
Ultrasound technology directs a narrow beam of high-frequency sound waves into the area of interest. The sound waves are transmitted through the muscle tissues, instantly producing images of internal structures within the body. Our gentle veterinarians will shave the area of contact beforehand to prevent any obstructions to the clarity of the image.
Ultrasound services are non-invasive, painless, and do not involve any amount of radiation. We utilize pet sonogram technology to view your animal's internal organs, helping us determine if a surgery, biopsy, or blood test is necessary. If your pet is pregnant, we can also view the health of the litter and provide the final count of infants you can expect at birth.
Why Does My Pet Need an Ultrasound Exam?
Ultrasound technology instantly provides a live feed into the internal structures of your pet and how well they're functioning in real time. Issues like tumors, cancers, blockages, tears, and other internal events can be spotted and treated swiftly using the direct information provided by ultrasound technology.
Our veterinarians are likely to recommend an ultrasound pet exam if your cat or dog is exhibiting the following symptoms:
- Sudden Weight Loss
- Loss of appetite
- Vomiting or Diarrhea
- A distended or tight stomach
- Abnormal bloodwork
- Abnormal amounts of fluid detected in the abdomen
- Urogenital issues
Conditions That Benefit from an Ultrasound Pet Exam
Ultrasound examinations can be particularly helpful in diagnosing and understanding the severity of certain conditions while helping our team devise the best plan of action. Specific conditions that are best viewed through ultrasound technology include:
- Heart Conditions: If your pet has been diagnosed with a heart condition, we can perform a cardiac ultrasound to further evaluate their situation. We can search for abnormalities and view the function and beating rhythm of their heart in real time, checking for any irregularities.
- Soft Tissue Examination: Almost every soft tissue component in your pet's body can be examined in detail using ultrasound imaging. We can view and properly examine the following elements to ensure they're healthy and functioning as they should be: Eyes, Tendons, Ligaments, Fetal Viability and Development, and Thyroid Glands.
- GI & Urinary Examinations: We can examine the small and large intestines, esophagus, stomach, bladder, kidneys, and much more using ultrasound technology. If we find blockages or abnormalities in the GI tract, we can potentially treat this issue on the spot. Additionally, if we find anomalies in your pet's urine or blood samples, we can utilize our pet sonograms to gain more intel regarding their urinary system.
Ultrasounds for Pets FAQ
Our veterinary team is happy to address any questions or concerns you have regarding our diagnostic process, materials we use, and steps moving forward after examination. Some frequently asked questions regarding pet sonograms include:
We recommend your pet refrain from eating the morning before the ultrasound examination, although water is fine. Medium-to-large amounts of food in the stomach will limit and muddle the view of the ultrasound.
This answer varies based on factors during the examination, but generally, ultrasounds take around 30 minutes. Ultrasound examinations are one of the most convenient and expedited forms of veterinary diagnostics, as you don't need to wait for the results.
In most cases, we will need to shave a small patch of hair for the ultrasound exam. To obtain the clearest image, there needs to be solid contact with the ultrasound wand to your pet's skin, as the sound waves can be reflected by pet hair.
Detailed Pet Sonograms in Newark
At New London Veterinary Center, our animal-loving team will deliver accurate and convenient ultrasound services to your precious cats and dogs. We are devoted to treating your pets like family while providing valuable insight into the nuances of their health, well-being, and pregnancy progress. Our team has the technology, skills, and compassionate hearts to keep your pets stress-free during all examinations while helping to ensure they have a bright, healthy future ahead of them.
We look forward to welcoming you and your adorable pets into our friendly veterinary center and forging a trusted relationship you can rely on for years. Contact us to schedule an appointment today!
CALL US: (302) 738-5000 REQUEST APPOINTMENT